The Operations team is responsible for providing the Client Service & Administration across a full suite of Ord Minnett products including direct equities, managed investment, structured products and reporting services. Our primary focus is to ensure all client requests are processed within a timely manner, registry systems are adequately maintained, internal/external relationships with custodians/business partners are sustained to consistently meet service standards while ensuring a seamless service experience to our clients.
Ensure effective service outcomes are attained which aim to exceed the expectations of clients.
Continually develop skills and knowledge to effectively work within roles and support development within the team to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- A service excellence focus is consistently maintained at all times while working to service levels.
- Act as a point of contact for all Corporate Actions queries.
- Written ad-hoc correspondence is generated accurately and sent to clients within service standards.
- Account details are updated in accordance with client instruction.
- Facilitating client requests by liaising with relevant share registries.
- Provide statements and company information to clients and advisers upon request.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution via the Operations Team and facilitate response within a timely manner.
- Communicate and escalate all issues/initiatives to the Corporate Actions Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist with the quarterly reporting and mail-out processes.
- Creation of Corporate Actions templates within IPS and the Corporate Action Instruction Platform.
- Ensure all current Corporate Actions are instructed to the Adviser population in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collation of all the aforementioned Corporate Action instruction notifications and receipts.
- Ensure all instructions from the Adviser population are receipted and actioned with relevant Share Registries etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processing of instructions from clients participating in Placements and IPOs.
- Liaising with the Corporate Finance team, financial advisers, desk assistants and external stakeholders to facilitate settlement for Placements and IPOs.
- Act as a point of contact for financial advisers for all Corporate Actions and Floats queries.
- Ensure all recurring issues/queries are tracked and documented with corrective action implemented as a matter of urgency.
- Communicate with the Corporate Actions Manager to ensure all queries/issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
- Adherence to Ord Minnett’s and regulatory body’s compliance at all times.
- Open communication and team work participation is maintained at all times within team and internal departments to ensure business outcomes are achieved.
- Proactive involvement and contribution is made to process improvements to ensure we are always working efficiently and smartly within our roles.
- Personal ownership and responsibility of team’s daily operations is apparent to achieve business outcomes.
- Assist the Corporate Actions Manager in reviewing all processes and identify any areas of Risk and ensure controls are developed and implemented.
- Assist in gathering requested information for enquiries by regulators or complaints.
- Be pro-active in recommending changes and improvements in procedures, processes or system improvements.
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable within the team environment.
- Client Service focused – consistently demonstrates a client focused approach within their daily responsibilities.
- Quality focused– attention to detail and accuracy is paramount and has an ability to adhere to daily deadlines.
- Proactive – always looking at how processes can be improved and taking necessary steps to make it happen. Has a passion for what they do.
- Ownership – possesses a committed work ethic with the desire to take ownership and responsibility for individual and team work.
- Initiative – self motivated, able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork – natural ability to work as a part of a self managing team. Willing to develop their skills and knowledge to effectively work within their role and in turn support and share their knowledge and experience with others to assist in achieving team results.
- Problem Solving – logical thinker with a common sense approach to achieving practical outcomes for our clients.
- Communication – ability to effectively communicate verbally and written to a diverse client group.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant experience in financial services and demonstrated market knowledge in domestic Corporate Actions.
- Experience with a portfolio administration system would be highly desirable.
- Proven ability to prioritise work and meet agreed deadlines.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word).
- Looking to gain entry into, and experience within, a financial services organisation.
- Completed diploma/degree in a related field.